If your flood risk assessment indicates that the property may be at risk, a flood plan should then be drawn up to include the following:
• Important contact details including flood-line, building services, flood recovery services, suppliers and evacuation contacts for staff
• Location details of key property, protective materials and service shut-off points
• Strategies for protecting the property & assisting in its recovery
• Checklists of procedures that can be quickly be accessed by staff during a flood
• Insurance details and claims contact information Guidance on preparing a flood plan can be found at:
Flood warnings are normally released via the media and online. However, the Environmental Agency and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) also offer a 24 hour Flood-line 0845 988 1188
We advise that all businesses subscribeto their free Flood-line Warnings Direct Service.